Having not-so-long-ago repatriated to England after six years in America, I still have not replaced everything I left behind in the States. Sometime’s it’s hard to remember what I had and what I still need. Until I actually need it. Case in point: a recent on-the-fly Afternoon Tea I threw together for me and Mr. T.
The food was easy enough, thanks to Tesco (I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: sandwiches in England are the best in the world), but …..
….. jam from a wine glass and clotted cream from a teacup??! Despite it all, we managed to survive (well, SOMEBODY had to eat the scones) and enjoyed our at-home afternoon tea with aplomb.
What you’ll need for the Lazy Woman’s Afternoon Tea:
- Tesco Egg & Cress sandwich (crusts removed)
- Tesco Tuna & Cucumber sandwich (crusts removed)
- Tesco Finest Cornish Butter & Sultana Scones
- Tesco Finest Cornish Clotted Cream
- Tiptree Strawberry Jam
- Tea of choice
- Wine glass (for the jam)
- Orphaned teacup (for the clotted cream)